Here are the best CD (certificate of deposit) rates for the residents of Las Vegas, Nevada. We have put these rates in the form of the 6 month CDs, 12 month CDs and 24 month CDs. After going through many local banks and credit unions serving the city of Las Vegas as well as most of the state of Nevada, we found for the most part that you will find better rates with national institutions than with your local banks.
Keep in mind that CD rates are always changing so you will want to refer to the date of this article for accuracy. You can always get the most up to date CD rates from our national CD Rates page.
How do we choose which CDs are best?
As you may already know, the higher CD rates tend to accompany the longer maturities and/or the higher deposit minimums and therefore we wanted to give our reads options in choosing which CD is best for them. Instead of putting only information of the highest CD rates, which tend to accompany the Jumbo CDs, we have come up with a list of banks and credit unions that are easier to obtain.
Highest 6 Month CD Rates In Las Vegas, Nevada:
- Nevada Commerce Bank – 6 month CD yields 1.77% APY with a minimum deposit of $10,000.
- Branch Banking and Trust Company (Henderson, NV) – 6 month CD yields 1.75% APY with a minimum deposit of $1,000.
- Nevada National Bank – 6 month CD yields 1.65% APY with a minimum deposit of $1,000.
Highest 12 Month CD Rates In Las Vegas, Nevada:
- Black Mountain Community Bank – 12 month CD yields 2.15% APY with a minimum deposit of $1,000.
- Bank of Las Vegas – 13 month CD yields 2.10% APY with a minimum deposit of $500.
- Mutual of Omaha Bank – 16 month CD yields 2.10% APY with a minimum deposit of $2,500.
Highest 24 Month CD Rates In Las Vegas, Nevada:
- Nevada Commerce Bank – 24 month CD yields 2.53% APY with a minimum deposit of $10,000.
- Hudson City Savings Bank – 24 month CD yields 2.50% APY with a minimum deposit of $5,000. This is a national bank and will accept deposits nationwide.
- Washington Federal Savings and Loan Association – 24 month CD yields 2.50% APY with a minimum deposit of $1,000.
All of these banks and credit unions are federally insured by either the FDIC or NCUA. Be sure you check with your bank to make sure they are federally insured and only deposit money in banks and credit unions that are insured. If you live in Las Vegas or in the state of Nevada and know of better CD rates from your local bank or credit union, then please let us know.