Here’s another way to earn cash rewards – apply for a new checking account from Apple Federal Credit Union. It’s so easy to apply for a new account, and if you’re interested in this latest checking promotion, here’s what you should do:
1. Sign up for a new checking account at AFCU’s website from April 1,2012 to May 31, 2012.
2. Upon account opening, mention the promo code CASH50.
3. A total of $25 or more point-of-sale one-time transaction must be made before June 31, 2012. This transaction must be made under your Visa Check Card. ATM or other pin-based transactions are not qualified.
4. To qualify, you must hit “credit” instead of “debit”.
5. Once you follow these steps, you are deemed qualified for the cash promotion. You can expect your $50 cash to be added to your account within 60 days after verification of the transaction.
Take note that this offer only applies to new accounts, therefore secondary checking accounts and those that have been inactive in the last 12 months are not eligible. This also applies to business accounts as well.
Other limitations to this offer is that although AFCU has branches all over the country, it is not being offered in Mt. Vernon, Merrifield, or GMU.
About the Checking Accounts
No two checking accounts are the same, and AFCU offers four different types of it.
The Free A+ checking account lets you enjoy zero monthly fees. Plus, you won’t need to maintain a minimum balance to keep your account active. The Advantage checking lets you get dividends and more on your checking balance. Students can also get their fill with the eXtras Student checking account. Full-time students between the ages of 12-23 are qualified. And when they spend using their visa card, they get to earn points for rewards as well. Finally, the Investors checking account is most useful to those who are looking for a way to get high-interest rewards. Use these to make big purchases in your planned business ventures, or allow them to accumulate to have a solid foundation in investment.
The Free A+ and eXtras Student checking account do not require any account qualifications. On the other hand, Advantage checking accounts need a combined savings or loans of $20,000 or a direct deposit or more than $1,000 monthly. As for the Investor’s checking, an investment balance adding up to $10,000 is required.
AFCU started in 1956 when teachers and educators came together to do one simple act of kindness – helping a colleague make a car purchase. Since then, AFCU has grown into a credit union with a strong tradition for service to the people.