Here is the list of the highest yielding CD rates available to residents of Baltimore, Maryland. These rates come in the form of 6 month CDs, 12 month CDs and 24 month CDs. After going through the local rates from both banks and credit unions for Baltimore and Maryland as a whole, we have found that you can get better rates from national institutions than with your local ones. Remember that local banks give out interest based on the local economy and how much the bank hopes to make from using your money.
Please keep in mind that these local rates may have changed, as all rates are time-sensitive in nature, so please refer to the date of this article for accuracy. You can always find the most current CD rates in our updated CD Rates section.
How is this information compiled?
You will find the highest CD rates on the longer maturities, but since we did not want to strictly list the longer cd rates, we have decided to list a variation of deposit rates which will beat the national average by the highest margins.
Highest 6 Month CD Rates In Baltimore, MD:
- Arundel Federal Savings Bank – 6 month CD and a 9 month CD yields 1.75% APY with a minimum deposit of $10,000.
- AmericasBank – 7 month CD yields 1.60% APY with a minimum deposit of $1,000.
- Kopernik Federal Bank – 6 month CD yields 1.56% APY with a minimum deposit of $1,000.
Highest 12 Month CD Rates In Baltimore, MD:
- Hamilton Federal Bank – 12 month CD and a 15 month CD yields 2.05% APY with a minimum deposit of $5,000.
- Essex Bank (Catonsville, MD) – 12 month CD yields 2.02% APY with a minimum deposit of $500.
- Nexity Bank – 12 month CD yields 2.01% APY with a minimum deposit of $1,000. (This is a national bank and will accept deposits from customers nationwide).
Highest 24 Month CD Rates In Baltimore, MD:
- Hudson City Savings Bank – 24 month CD yields 2.50% APY with a minimum deposit of $5,000. (This is a national bank and will accept deposits from any state).
- Fairmount Bank – 25 Month CD yields 2.30% APY with a minimum deposit of $10,000.
- 1st Mariner Bank – 24 month CD yields 2.20% APY with a minimum deposit of $500.
These are the best rates we could find in Baltimore Maryland, but if you know of a better rate please leave a comment. All of the above banks and credit unions are federally insured by either the FDIC or NCUA.
As of this writing the national average for a 6 month CD is 1.33% and a 12 month Cd is 1.70%. CD rates increase and decrease at any time and so we suggest you check with the bank you are interested in for their current CD rate.